Acset Indonusa Revises Contract Targets, Appoints New Commissioner, Directors

Acset Indonusa, a contractor under the diversified conglomerate Astra International, has increased its new contract targets by two thirds this year after bagging a stellar amount of infrastructure projects in just the first three months of this year. (Antara Photo/Tommy S.)

By : Sarah Yuniarni | on 10:45 AM April 11, 2017
Category : Business, Corporate News

Jakarta. Acset Indonusa, a contractor under the diversified conglomerate Astra International, has increased its new contract target by two thirds this year after bagging a stellar amount of infrastructure projects in just the first three months of this year.

The company now eyes Rp 7.5 trillion in new contracts this year, up from its initial target of Rp 4.5 trillion, company executives said on Monday (10/04). Acset booked Rp 6.9 trillion worth of new contracts from January to March, almost triple the Rp 2.4 trillion it earned in the same period last year.

Acset Indonusa's newly appointed president director Jeffrey Gunadi Chandrawijaya said, "We're maintaining a realistic growth this year. Our limited human resources was one of our considerations not to set an ambitious target."

The company secured three major infrastructure projects in the first quarter: the Jakarta-Cikampek II elevated toll road project, Terbanggi Besar-Kayu Agung toll road project in Palembang, South Sumatra — part of the Trans Sumatra highway project — and a soil improvement project in Central Java.

Acset is teaming up with state-owned construction company Waskita Karya to build the Jakarta-Cikampek II elevated toll road, worth a total of Rp 13.5 trillion. The 38.6-kilometer toll road — expected to be complete in 24 months — is being built to reduce traffic congestion on the existing Jakarta-Cikampek toll road.

Waskita currently has a 51 percent stake in the toll road with Acset controlling the remaining 49 percent.

Jeffrey said Acset will soon bid for toll road projects being constructed by sister company Astratel Nusantara. Astratel is currently working on the new Kunciran-Serpong and Serpong-Balaraja toll roads in Banten. "Even though we're under the same holding company, it's not quite a done deal that we'll win the projects," Jeffry added.

On Monday, Acset shareholders approved a dividend payment of Rp 39 per share or a total of Rp 27.3 billion, equivalent to about 40 percent of the company's Rp 68 billion net income last year.

"The dividend will be paid a month after the general shareholders meeting to individuals and companies listed as Acset shareholders on May 9," Acset Indonusa Corporate Secretary Maria Cesillia Hapsari said.

The shareholders also approved the appointment of new commissioners and directors at the company.

Iman Santosa was appointed as commissioner, replacing Bambang Widjanarko Santoso. Tjandrawati Waas was appointed as independent commissioner, replacing Robert Mulyono.

Acset also appointed Jeffrey Gunadi Chandrawijaya as president director, replacing Tan Tiam Seng Ronnie who was given the vice president director seat. Ellyjawati was also appointed as director, replacing Nilawati Irjani.

Meanwhile, Yohanes Eka Prayuda was appointed as director, replacing Herjadi Budiman who now serves as an independent director replacing Wiltarsa Halim.

Other directors and commissioners remained on their posts, including Gidion Hasan, Acset commissioner and also president director of Astra's heavy machinery unit, United Tractors.

Show More

 
MORE NEWS