Jakarta. The Constitutional Court has so far received 11 lawsuits regarding the results of the simultaneous local elections on Feb. 15, a spokesman said on Saturday (26/02).
The registration of dispute lawsuits was opened on Feb. 22.
As of Friday evening, 11 lawsuits have been filed to challenge the results of the local elections in Takalar (South Sulawesi), Central Bengkulu (Bengkulu), Gayo Lues and Nagan Raya (Aceh), Dogiayi (Papua), Kendari (Southeast Sulawesi), Salatiga and Jepara (Central Java), Bombana (Southeast Sulawesi), Morotai (North Maluku) and Tebo (Jambi).
"All lawsuits filed were accepted by the court clerks. A panel of judges will determine whether they fulfill the requirements of election disputes or not," Constitutional Court spokesman Fajar Laksono said.
In accordance with the regulations, the court will only process election disputes in which the official vote difference between the contestants was less than 2 percent.
The registration of election lawsuits will be closed on Tuesday for mayoral and district elections, and on Wednesday for provincial polls.
The court's verdicts will be announced in the third week of March.