Wahidin Halim Leads Rano Karno in Banten Governor Race i

An election official reads out the votes for at a polling station in South Tangerang, Banten, on Thursday (16/02). (Antara Photo/Muhammad Iqbal)

By : Heru Andriyanto | on 9:23 AM February 17, 2017
Category : News, Politics

Jakarta. Banten governor nominee Wahidin Halim and his running mate Andika Hazrumy were leading rivals Rano Karno and Embay Mulya Syarief with 75 percent of the votes counted in the Banten gubernatorial election by 2 a.m. on Friday (17/02).

Wahidin and Andika had gained a slender lead over Rano and Embay with 1,854,458 votes or 50.95 percent out of the total votes counted so far. Rano and Embay collected the remaining 49.05 percent, or 1,785,143, of the votes.

A total of 3,639,601 votes had been accounted for so far. Wahidin and Andika only won in Tangerang City and Serang – two out of eight voting regions in Banten. Most of the 69,315 votes they have in the lead came from there.

Wahidin won 66.9 percent of the votes in Tangerang City, leading there by 196,242 votes.

Rano and Embay are leading in six voting regions — Cilegon City, Serang City, South Tangerang City, Lebak, Pandeglang and Tangerang — but by very slender margins.

The official counting of the votes continued until early Friday morning.

Show More

 
MORE NEWS