Jakarta. Blackberry devices will no longer be able to run WhatsApp, the popular mobile messaging application, after Dec. 31, 2017, according to a company blogpost.
Windows Phone users on the 8.0 OS will also need to find an alternative messaging app or switch devices before year's end or suffer the same fate as Blackberry users.
In a blogpost, the development team at WhatsApp explained that those operating systems were out of date and would no longer be able to support the app.
Here are a list of phones and operating systems that will no longer be supported:
- Nokia Symbian S60 after June 30, 2017
- Blackberry OS and Blackberry 10 after Dec. 31, 2017
- Windows Phone 8.0 and its predecessors after Dec. 31, 2017
- Nokia S40 some time before Dec. 31, 2018
- Android version 2.3.7 and its predecessors after Feb. 1, 2020