SBY Honored, Along With Companies, for Green Growth
FEBRUARY 26, 2015
Jakarta. Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono was among a diverse group of winners of awards for sustainable business practices whose names were announced on Wednesday evening, with the former Indonesian president receiving praise for "his achievements in developing green growth in Indonesia and his commitments to action on climate change globally."
A Special Award for Leadership in Green Growth and Development was presented to Yudhoyono at the Shangri La Hotel Jakarta, during a ceremony attended by Vice President Jusuf Kalla, Coordinating Minister for the Economy Sofyan Djalil and other ministers, as well as CEOs, heads of international agencies and media.
"Development and growth is something that needs to be planned carefully. It needs to ensure social inclusiveness. It needs to protect the environment, it needs to correspond to climate challenge, it needs to go on for the long term," Yudhoyono said at the award ceremony.
The 2014 Sustainable Business Awards Indonesia were organized by Global Initiatives in cooperation with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin) and the Indonesia Business Council for Sustainable Development.
The organizers said in a press release that cement company Holcim Indonesia emerged the overall winner, but companies such as Bank BNI, Astra International, Bukit Asam, Nestle Indonesia, Bumi Serpong Damai and Unilever also won in various categories.
Tony Gourlay, CEO of Global Initiatives, said in the press release: “For the third year in a row, we are pleased to showcase companies in Indonesia who have embedded sustainability in their corporate mission and whose leadership shares this vision. We encourage other companies to follow their lead and communicate their sustainability efforts more widely."
The complete list of SBA winners
Overall Winner: Holcim Indonesia
1. Strategy and vision: Unilever Indonesia
2. Workforce: Holcim Indonesia
3. Community: Astra International
4. Energy management: Holcim Indonesia
5. Water management: Bukit Asam
6. Waste & material productivity: Danone Aqua Group
7. Climate Change: Holcim Indonesia
8. Supply Chain: Nestle Indonesia
9. Land Use, Biodiversity and the Environment: Monsanto Indonesia (Branita Sandini)
10. Business Responsibility and Ethics: Unilever Indonesia
* Environmental Disclosure: Dupont Agriculture Products Indonesia
SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARDS
1. Pioneer in Green Finance in Indonesia: Bank Negara Indonesia
2. Outstanding leadership in sustainable agriculture: Great Giant Pineapple
3. SME placing sustainability at the core of its business: Pulau Nikoi
4. Outstanding Energy Management in the mining sector: Vale Indonesia
5. Outstanding Water Management in the property sector: Bumi Serpong Damai
Special Award for Green Growth & Leadership: Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono