We are currently looking for a candidate who can rewrite material from Bahasa Indonesia, sourced from our sister publications, into proper English.
Candidates must have good English writing skills to ensure meaning and context are maintained. Our senior editorial team will assist recruits to write in accordance with our style guide.
Candidates with journalistic knowledge and good writing skills are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Translate a minimum of five or a maximum of 10 news articles per day from the Jakarta Globe's sister publications, in accordance with our style guide.
- Acquire journalistic skills, including the development of news judgement and the ability to identify stories that may have a major impact.
- Successful candidates may occasionally be required to cover some events.
- Translations may involve digital, printed, video and television media.
- Consult with subject experts and senior colleagues to gain an understanding of specialized themes and how to translate them appropriately.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Fluency in Indonesian and English, both written and verbal
- Good understanding of English grammar
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Highly motivated, with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills