Jakarta. President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo inaugurated 17 ambassadors on Monday (13/03), who will set off on new diplomatic missions to countries in Europe, Asia, Oceania and South America.
Jokowi, accompanied by Vice President Jusuf Kalla, led the inauguration ceremony at the State Palace in Central Jakarta, with many high-ranking government officials in attendance.
Listed below are the names of the newly appointed Indonesian ambassadors to various countries:
- Arifin Tasrif (Japan)
- Yohanes Kristiarto Soeryo Legowo (Australia)
- Tantowi Yahya (New Zealand)
- Darmansjah Djumala (Austria)
- Esti Andayani (Italy)
- Hasan Kleib (Switzerland)
- Umar Hadi (South Korea)
- Andy Rachmianto (Jordan)
- Comr. Gen. Sjahroedin Zainal Pagaralam (Croatia)
- Yuddy Chrisnandi (Ukraine)
- Sahat Sitorus (Timor-Leste)
- I Gusti Ngurah Ardiyasa (Sri Lanka)
- Ikrar Nusa Bhakti (Tunisia)
- Priyo Iswanto (Colombia)
- Maj. Gen. Arief Rachman (Afghanistan)
- Rahmat Pramono (Kazakhstan)
- Nur Syahrir Rahardjo (Bahrain)
Watch Indonesia Highlights at 8 p.m. tonight on the Jakarta Globe News Channel and Facebook Live to find out more about the inauguration of the Indonesian ambassadors.