Australia’s wildlife Kangaroo
Top 5 Wildlife Experiences in Australia
BY :THE JAKARTA GLOBE
JUNE 30, 2015
Some tourists are seeking for a different traveling experience, such as exploring the wildlife, which provide challenge and thrill of its own. Interestingly, Australia still has a profound connection with nature. If you are the type of traveler who is more interested to seek adventure in the wild, this article will provide you the starting point to discover your wild side.
Australia’s wildlife attraction is as immersive and diverse as ever. Here is the “Top 5 Wildlife Experiences In Australia” that you cannot miss. There are plenty of offers to enter the country, make sure your get yourself prepared.
1. Ningaloo Reef Located in the Western part of Australia, Ningaloo Reef was given the World Heritage status by The United Nation’s cultural body, UNESCO due to its untouchable beauty as well as its exceptional biodiversity that give the significance to the unique marine-life in Australia. It is the place where visitors can witness the appearance of the Whale Shark (the world’s largest fish that can grow up to 18m in length). Certainly a good start!
2. Kangaroo Island As the name suggested, the island is obviously the place to see Kangaroo. But the island is not only known for that. Located on the South West of Adelaide, most of the 4,600 residents of Kangaroo Island are producers of the best local gourmet cuisine in Australia. The island is also home to Australia’s native fauna and declared as National Park with thriving culinary culture.
3. Phillip Island You don’t need to travel to Antarctica to witness bands of little penguin. Only 90 minutes from Melbourne, Phillip Island is Victoria’s spectacular scenery revealing a charming heritage of Australia’s wildlife. Head directly to Penguin Parade where you can witness the magic of little penguins making their return to the beach. Besides penguin, the Koala Conservation Centre is the place see Koala up close in their natural habitat.
4. Adelaide River If you grew up watching “Crocodile” Dundee and amazed for his badass wild life-style, then head down to the Adelaide River where you can take the famous Jumping Crocodile Cruise as well as visiting the Adelaide River Railway Museum. Remember Charlie the Buffalo from “Crocodile” Dundee the movie? Visit him in the Adelaide River Inn, the authentic local pub with its bristling character and history.
5. Port Lincoln Your journey to the wild will not be completed if you have not visited Port Lincoln. Known as the “Seafood Capital of Australia”, the place is regarded as the largest commercial fishing fleet within the country as well as the largest production center for farming tuna, oysters, seahorses and lobsters. The choices of the adventure also vary. You can either swim with Sea Lions and Dolphins, or engage into a cage diving with Great White Sharks for thrilling experiences.
To further continue your exploration in Australia’s wildlife, make sure you plan your journey with Wego to find the best price for the ticket and hotel. Wego will also provide you with useful information regarding the best place to explore your wild side.