The Indonesian government condemns the recent terror attack on the subway system in St. Petersburg, Russia, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement on Tuesday (04/04). (Reuters Photo/Anton Vaganov)
Indonesia Condemns Monday's Terror Attack in St. Petersburg
APRIL 04, 2017
Jakarta. The Indonesian government condemns the recent terror attack on the subway system in St. Petersburg, Russia, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement on Tuesday (04/04).
Reuters reported that 11 people were killed and 45 wounded in Monday's blast inside a train carriage, believed to have been carried out by a suicide bomber with ties to radical Islamists.
As of Tuesday, there had been no reports of any Indonesians involved in the incident, the ministry confirmed.
According to the statement, the Indonesian Embassy in Moscow is currently coordinating with citizens in Russia and is urging them to remain vigilant and cautious, especially in public places considered vulnerable to terror attacks. The embassy also urged Indonesians in Russia to comply with security measures imposed by local authorities.
"Indonesia stands in solidarity with the government and people of Russia during this challenging time," the statement said.
All subway stations in St. Petersburg have been closed in the aftermath of the attack, and authorities in Moscow are reportedly taking additional security measures to prevent similar attacks.
The Indonesian Embassy in Moscow can be reached on a hotline in case of emergency. The number is +7 925 676 5415.