Jakarta. Indonesia has condemned the Palm Sunday bomb attacks on churches in Egyptian cities of Tanta and Alexandria, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement on Monday (10/04).
Reuters reported at least 44 people were killed and more than 100 injured in the twin attacks, for which Islamic State has claimed responsibility.
The attacks happened a week before Coptic Easter and in the same month that Pope Francis is scheduled to visit Egypt.
Following the incident, the country has declared a three-month state of emergency.
As of Monday, there had been no reports of any Indonesian casualties, the ministry announced.
"Indonesia stands in solidarity with the government and people of Egypt in this challenging time," its statement said.
The Indonesian Embassy in Cairo can be reached on a hotline in case of emergency. The number is +20 102 222 9989.