A computer screen shows cabinet video conference led by President Joko Widodo in June. (Photo Courtesy of Cabinet Sercretary)
These 18 State Agencies, Committees Have Been Disbanded
BY :LENNY TRISTIA TAMBUN, CARLOS K.Y. PAATH
JULY 21, 2020
Jakarta. President Joko Widodo has officially disbanded 18 state agencies and committees in a major efficiency measure as the country is coping with the economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
According to the latest presidential regulation announced by his office on Monday, half of the now defunct agencies were established during the tenure of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.
Bureaucratic Reform Minister Tjahjo Kumolo said on Tuesday more ineffective state agencies will be terminated based on proposal from his office, but he didn't go into details.
“We have submitted the proposal to the State Secretary and let’s wait for the announcement,” he said in Jakarta.
The 18 agencies whose functions have been ceased included:
1. The Transparency Team for Extractive Industry established in 2010;
2. The National Coordinating Board for Agricultural, Fishery and Forestry Counseling founded in 2011;
3. The Committee for the Acceleration and Extension of the Indonesian Economic Development founded in 2011;
4. The Agency for Strategic Area and Infrastructure Development of the Sunda Strait founded in 2011;
5. The National Coordination Team for Mangrove Ecosystem Management founded in 2012;
6. The Agency for Drink Water Supply System Improvement founded in 2016;
7. The Guiding Committee for National e-Commerce Roadmap founded in 2017;
8. The Business Acceleration Task Force founded in 2017;
9. The Coordinating Team for the Supervision and Evaluation of Loans and Interest Subsidy for Municipally-Owned Water Companies (PDAM) founded last year;
10. The Overseas Commercial Loan Team founded in 1991;
11. The National Team for Multilateral Trade Negotiations founded in 1999;
12. The Rehabilitation and Restructuring Team for State-Owned Electricity Company PLN founded in 1999;
13. The Financial Sector Stability Committee (KKSK) founded in 2009;
14. The Inter-Ministerial Committee for Forestry Sector founded in 2000;
15. The Coordinating Team for Improved Flow of Export and Import Goods founded in 2002;
16. The National Team for Export and Investment Expansion founded in 2006;
17. The Coordinating Team for the Acceleration of Low-Cost Urban Apartment Construction founded in 2006;
18. The National Committee for the Preparation towards the ASEAN Economic Community founded in 2014.